On Saturday, May 5, Tristen was officially 5 months old. He's doing great and is such an incredible little guy. He's doing all sorts of new things. He rolls over on his own, can sit up for long periods of time on his own, and he is finally eating solids. He's eaten sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, bananas and applesauce. In addition to the usual bland rice cereal of course. His favorite by far has been sweet potatoes and bananas. Something is causing a rash though, so we're back to just sweet potatoes. I think we've narrowed the culprit down to either the bananas (so sad!!) or the detergent. Also, some of his clothes were washed with regular detergent, and that could be part of the problem as well. So, we're starting back at square one. No more nanners, and all of his clothes that have been washed recently will be rewashed in his baby detergent.
He loves playing in his exersaucer and has grown to like his jumperoo, in addition to his bouncy seat. He tolerates the swing, but only for short periods of time. His favorite thing to do is pull his socks off, chew on them until they're nice and gooey, and then he sticks his feet in his mouth. The other day we caught him sucking on his big toe. Limber little guy!
The past three weeks have been a bit of a blur. After Jen had Ben (hey, another Benifer!!) my aunt came to stay with us to take care of Tristen. During her stay she spoiled us rotten and was wonderful company. Tristen loved being with her and became very attached. I think she became attached to him as well. She took wonderful care of him. They took trips to my parent's house, trips to the mall, lots of trips to Wal Mart, and he enjoyed playing with her little dogs, Micky and Goliath. We were so sad to see her leave last Friday, but I'm sure she was happy to get back to her own house and family. We sure loved having her with us though!!
Trevor and I are getting ready to celebrate our 5th anniversary. It is hard to believe that 5 yeras ago tomorrow he and I were married. He sent flowers to work for me and tomorrow we're going to spend the day together doing some yard stuff. Planting flowers and all. I'm off from work today and tomorrow, so that is a real treat!!
Here are a few pictures from the past three weeks. Tristen loves his Aunt Syd about as much as he loves his toes - can you tell?! Enjoy the pics and I'll try to do better with my updates. God bless!!
Love,
Trev, Heather & Tristen
No comments:
Post a Comment