Early last month Trev finished putting together the swing set we obtained when we first moved here. Tristen loves the slide and swinging. It's really cute set and it definitely makes being at home more fun. Usually on the weekends Tristen will play outside on the swing set and run up and down the "ramp" of Trev's trailer. He's really good at climbing to the top of the slide and going down on his own. Of course, he hasn't quite mastered his landing yet, but that's okay. He's got great form! :)
I've been taking Tristen to the library every other week or so and he loves it. We get lots of board books, because I found out the hard way that he's not quite ready for books with paper pages. Each night, after his bath, we sit on his big car bed and read books. Typically it is the same 3-5 books I've been reading him since he started sitting still long enough for me to read to him. The Barn book, Duck book and, of all things, the Nutcracker book my mom gave him. I think that one belonged to Tara or one of the granddaughters. Tristen loves reading about Clara, Fritz and the mouse king... and, of course, the "cacker" (nutcracker). I think bedtime is my favorite time of the day with him, because he actually lets me cuddle with him and he gives me lots of kisses (so he doesn't accidently fall asleep!) He sleeps most nights in his big boy car bed, which is awesome. He really likes his bed, as would I if I were a little kid. The front of the car is a toybox and the lid is like a slide. Whenever he wakes up he slides down the front of the car and wanders into our room. Sometimes he wakes up early and comes into the room to sleep with us. He has developed a morning routine that includes getting up, sitting in daddy's rocker/recliner with his blankie and watching one of his movies. He is NOT a morning person, which makes perfect sense to me. He likes to be left alone for a while and then he'll eat his breakfast and drink his milk. If we miss any part of this routine and just get him ready to leave for school, he is pretty hard to deal with. Makes the 45 minute drive into work pretty miserable. So, we stick to the routine. :)
Our other favorite past time is watching the same 3 or 4 movies over and over again. We opted NOT to get sattelite t.v., and cable isn't available out here, so we are limited in what we can watch. Tristen's favorite movies are Tarzan, Jungle Book, Cars and Madagascar. I think I know the scripts and soundtracks by heart - for now Tarzan is my favorite. Love Phil! :)
So, we've wiled away the summer by coloring, watching movies, playing on the swingset, playing with our toys and trains, and just settling into our new house. It has been an adjustment, especially the drive to and from work with gas prices being so expensive. But, that seems to be a problem for many people these days. We like where we're living - we are 10 minutes from church and Wally World - which is nice. We have very few neighbors (new neighborhood with two other houses being built and as of today it appears the one furthest from us will be occupied very soon), and we have enough property to keep the dog busy. Our outside kitty, Cali, has adjusted pretty well and stays close to home. I'm so happy she stayed with us - I was worried she'd wander off since she wouldn't be familiar with her surroundings. I guess she loves us. :)
Now that it's fall, I'm getting into the fall mindset. I'm anxious to go find a pumpkin patch and let Tristen get a pumpkin. We're thinking halloween costumes and Thanksgiving. Our little guy is growing so fast - he's at the right age to truly appreciate this time of year. I can't wait to share with him the things I remember my parents doing for us when we were little.
Well, that's about it for now. Here are the pictures I promised. Check out the little guy on his daddy's 4-wheeler. He loves riding with his daddy and has figured out how to turn the key, give the ATV gas and make it go "VROOOOMMMM" ... Thank God he can't push it into gear or touch the pedal and make it go.
4 comments:
It looks like you guys have an awesome backyard. Tristen is growing up so fast. He is adorable! We miss you guys and hope you are doing well :)
wow what a beautiful little boy!! Glad you guys are doing so well, we visit the library too, Simeon really likes that. Tell the little guy his long distance friend says hi. :)
He has gotten so big! Still as cute as can be. That's a great swingset.
ok, so I'm not sure how my comment got posted as Will Farmer- that's one of our friends and I'm on our computer, it is a mystery. Oh- Phil helps him with his fantasy f-ball, maybe that's why...
Emily
Post a Comment