Sunday, December 21, 2008

Frogs

The frog home is complete, along with three new inhabitants. Two fire bellied toads and a peacock tree frog. They are so cool! Trevor and I spent yesterday evening running back to Tristen's room to see if the frogs had eaten the crickets we bought for them. The tree frog stayed up near the top of the tank and didn't get any crickets, so Trevor put a poor cricket on the "island" rock and when I went back in to check on it a little later, the tree frog was on the island and the cricket was gone.

I have to say that by far the tree frog is my favorite. It has these cool metallic yellow eyes w/ black pupils. It is light green on top, whiteish on the underside and near his legs it is a pretty blue... thus the name peacock tree frog.

So, without further ado, I present the Beyer family frog habitat ... lets hope they survive!










Here's a picture of Scout ... isn't he a handsome dog? If he were human I believe he'd be a star football player - all brawn and no brain! ha!


Love,
Trevor, Heather and Tristen (and Scout)









No comments: