Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Snowman

It is a tiny snow globe in the shape of a snowman that flashes different colors when turned on. It used to sit up on the book shelf in Tristen's room, but now it resides in his bed, on the chair, on the floor ...never too far from our little guy, cheerfully blinking Christmas cheer into our little home.


We are slowly getting ready for the holiday - Trev, who is incredibly talented in many ways, is setting up the Vivarium (semi-aquatic terrarium w/ small creatures) for Tristen. We walked in from work last night and there was a 29 gallon tank sitting on the living room table. Tristen ran up to it, peered inside and yelled "Frog!!" Of course, there is no frog in it yet ... but there will be soon enough. I am so excited to see what it is going to look like. I have been researching terrariums and vivariums for months. We've gone to every pet store in the area, and looked at exotic pets online. I had high hopes of getting a red eyed tree frog, but it looks like I may have to wait on that until the vivarium is a little more established and we make sure we have the right species and plants living together. Somehow a redbellied tree frog for $7 is a little more expendible than the $59 red eyed tree frog we found. :) Trevor went out and purchased a couple of cool plants (venus fly trap and pitcher plant) and I'm going to get some ferns and other small plants that will do well in a small setting. We'll be sure to post pictures when our habitat is finished.

Merry Christmas everyone and have a beautiful holiday season.

Love,

Trev, Heather and Tristen

No comments: