Friday, December 05, 2008

**TWO**


He loves choo choos, motorcycles and big trucks. He eats with a "poon" and fork and loves "brocci" , "chocate" and turkey/cheese snackables. He's learning to wrestle and loves to have tickle time with mommy and daddy. He's sleeping in a big boy racecar bed, courtesy of his girlfriend Ginger, but still loves his paci and blankey. His favorite movies are Tarzan, Jungle Book and Nemo. He begs us to watch these movies every day, at least twice a day. We start off with one and end with another. He likes to brush his teeth, hates getting his hair washed, and is a huge fan of smearing lotion all over his body. He talks ... and talks ... sometimes we know what he's saying and lots of times we just agree with him because he's looking at us like we need to do something other than stare at him in puzzlement. Our little man is TWO years old. Unbelievable. I'm torn between amazement and a just a smidgen of sadness. I can't believe time has flown by so quickly. I look at Tristen and remember, like it was yesterday, zooming to the hospital in labor. Having to wait forever for the darn epideral, and finally welcoming him into the world. It was a shocking experience, but one that God knew Trevor and I were ready for. If I could turn back the clocks, it would be to that precise moment in time that Tristen came into our lives. I'm not much of a person for change!


Our little guy is turning into such a fun person - lots of energy, very smart, and quite clever! He has dancing blue eyes and shaggy blonde hair. He's the spitting image of his dad, with his mom's fair hair and eyes. The two of us combined into one perfect little being. Thank you, God, for giving us this person to take care of and raise!


Tristen, Happy Birthday little man. We love you so much.


Mommy and Daddy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tristen! You are a special little boy. You have grown so fast. We miss you!

Emily said...

Happy B-day! Wow, he's two!

Jaime Lee said...

Happy birthday Little Man! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you. Heather you guys have taken to parenting so very well...so sweet! Keep in touch~