Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Wanna Be A Cowboy ...


And YOU can be my cowgirl!

Tristen is going to be a cowboy for Halloween this year. He has the hat, the guns, the holster and the swagger to prove it. For the past two days he has been running around "shooting deer" (usually Scout or the cats who flee his presence as soon as he takes aim).

This morning he had to wear his hat to school -- the guns stayed in the car. I can't describe the sounds emitting from our car as we drove down the road this morning. I felt like we were in the middle of a gun fight. I died several times because I was the bad guy. Dying consists of yelling, gasping for air, fighting for that final breath and slowly sinking into a lifeless heap on the floor. Try that trick in the car on the way to work in the morning.

Time to put our little cowboy to bed. Happy Halloween everyone - get lots of treats and be nice when you dole out the tricks!

1 comment:

*mindi* said...

oh, what a cute cowboy you have there. i had a little cousin who was obsessed with John Wayne. everywhere he went, the noise of galloping horses and gunshots followed. :)