When I was in Elementary school, Wednesday was a spelling word I just couldn't spell right. Why, when everyone pronounced it Wensday, did it have to be spelled completely different? Who approved that "nes" after the "d"?! I remember that the week "Wednesday" was on my spelling list, my grandma was down for a visit. She was a lover of words and hated to see them misspelled. On that particular visit she wouldn't stop testing me on my entire spelling list until I spelled Wednesday correctly. I was so irritated with her, and I think I even got mad and pouted at her! Ever since, when Wednesday arrives, I remember my grandma - which makes me smile. She is probably the person who turned me into the spelling monster that I am today!
So, today is the day I can't spell, and I'm thinking of Grandma. The red buds are out, the dogwood trees are in bloom, the cherry trees are turning pink ... Gram loved spring and it was April of 1992 that she passed away. Happy WENSDAY Gram, I miss you! :)
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment