Monday, May 16, 2005

Take Time to ... PLANT the flowers?!

And hope that they survive so you can stop to smell them! :)

Trevor and I managed to plant over 30 plants this weekend! Craziness ... but I'm really happy with the way the yard looked once the last plant made it in the ground. Lowes was lovin us this weekend too! Lets see ... we planted hydrangias, pansies, impatiens, begonias, ivy (why oh why did I do that?!), some pretty purple flowers that don't have a name, Johnny Jump Ups, geraniums, dahlias, thyme, lavender, and a green thing who's name I can't remember at the moment. It looks neat though. We also continued work on our rock wall (I got to stir the cement mixture. It was like making a giant cookie!) and mulched the flower beds. Needless to say, we were both physically exhausted.
This is what the "after" looks like. It isn't much right now, but later in the spring/summer I think it'll be so pretty!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yesterday we picked up our "boys", went to church, dropped the boys off at work, went back to the church and picked up a trailor, took it to the picnic site, ran home and cooked a covered dish and spread mulch, and then headed back out for a church cookout. We were whipped, but it was such a treat. There was a covered dish supper, fishing for the guys, swimming in a pond for the kids who were brave enough to venture into the murky green depths, and lots of socializing. I met some new people, and actually spoke to people I'd seen before but never approached. Good time had by all!
Went to see a movie and out for dinner on Saturday night - I had the "fiesta Lime chicken" at Applebees and a margarita ... it was YUMMY! Felt so good to be out eating on a Saturday night. Felt almost like a date! :)
Well, thats it. I don't know much today, since its Monday, and I don't feel like typing anymore. Everyone who might pop in to read this have a wonderful day!

Ciao~

No comments: