Monday, June 06, 2005

*Tenika's Meme Challenge #6*

This is my entry for Tenika's challenge posted on 2Peas. My studio will eventually be housed in small "cabin" in our backyard, but for now I have this awesome little spot to call my own. It isn't fancy, but it sure makes me happy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is a picture of my work area viewing it from the left side of the room. I have a nice sturdy work table, a separate sewing table, an old chicken coop is home for all my stamp sets
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is a fun little idea to hold some of my inspiration pages - ideas from magazines, other people's artwork, and some favorite Basic Grey paper I turned into a tag book. I just turned a cookie tray upside down and screwed it into the wall. Stuck a few magnetic clips on it and wala ... instant magnetic bulletin board.
I love my room (without a name). It's located upstairs between the foyer and guest room. With all this newfound space I can leave my artwork out and not worry about it cluttering up my dining room table. In addition to the workspace, I also have a bookshelf to hold my growing supply of idea books and magazines. I would like to make it a little more personalized, hang some pictures and paint it a nice happy color, but for now this will have to do. My next purchase will be a new bookshelf, and I already have my Genesis cutter on order ... due to arrive in September.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

missy s said...

very cute! love the cookie sheet idea..i gotta try it!

Mimi said...

I like the cookie sheet idea, but I LOVE the chicken coop storage idea!

Thanks for sharing your space, it looks like a spot of great creativity!