I'm so excited ... after days of cutting and sewing 6x6 squares for my mom's rag quilt my friend and I are in the final stages of piecing it together. I should have it finished by tonight! This is a huge accomplishment for me, and I'm so excited that I doubt I can wait until my mom's birthday in OCTOBER to give her this special little gift. Before we piece the final square my friend, who has an embroidery business on the side, is going to embroider whatever I want on the last square. I'm still deciding what to say.
Here are a couple of pictures of me working on the quilt, and also of the squares laid out in the pattern we finally decided on. There is one picture of a fluffy white cat watching over the quilt from his perch on the table. His name is "Hairball" and he is officially my new friend! What a funny little guy he is. When you scratch his back he starts licking his chin. You will also notice some paintings in the background. My friend, Van, is the artist. She is amazing. She can paint, sew, cook & bake, she's a first place sharpshooter, decorator ... she can do anything!
This is me enjoying myself at the sewing machine!
This week is finally coming to a close. Tomorrow we're working outside of the office, Saturday through Sunday I'm going out of town to visit some North Carolina artists (courtesy of Van) and Monday I have off work to spend the day with my mom. I'm thrilled for the time to just kick back and relax a bit. I need a break!
~ciao!
Here are a couple of pictures of me working on the quilt, and also of the squares laid out in the pattern we finally decided on. There is one picture of a fluffy white cat watching over the quilt from his perch on the table. His name is "Hairball" and he is officially my new friend! What a funny little guy he is. When you scratch his back he starts licking his chin. You will also notice some paintings in the background. My friend, Van, is the artist. She is amazing. She can paint, sew, cook & bake, she's a first place sharpshooter, decorator ... she can do anything!
This is me enjoying myself at the sewing machine!This week is finally coming to a close. Tomorrow we're working outside of the office, Saturday through Sunday I'm going out of town to visit some North Carolina artists (courtesy of Van) and Monday I have off work to spend the day with my mom. I'm thrilled for the time to just kick back and relax a bit. I need a break!
~ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment