Mindi tagged me for this meme challange - how fun! here goes ...
idiosyncracy: structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.
write down five of your idiosyncracies. then, if you wish, tag five people.
1. when brushing my teeth and tongue i have to gag three times (i have poor gag reflexes) before i feel my mouth has been adequately cleaned. i do this in the mornings and the evenings before bed, otherwise my day just doesn't feel complete or i won't get a good night's sleep.
2. eyebrows ... they HAVE to be groomed at all times. i absolutely cannot stand to have messed up eyebrows. therefore, i brush them (with an awesome toothbrush especially for the occassion) every morning and every evening. in this case i don't feel the need to gag three times.
3. when i dish up a plate of food none of the food items can touch one another (unless it is something like potatoes and gravy, or salad dressing on my salad). this habit tends to make me look extra piggish at buffets when i'm the only one at the table with about 5 plates. i also eat in order. one food item first, then the next, then the next. typically i can fit three items on my plate - 4 if there isn't anything too juicy!
4. i, too, hate hair in the shower. my hair, other people's hair, cat hair. i hate it. now, this is a gross confession, but one that saves us lots of plumbing problems. when i wash my hair i get handfuls of hair and stick it on the shower wall. that saves my feet from a hair attack and doesn't clog up the drain. it also takes me about 10 minutes longer when i wash and put gunk in my hair because i'm constantly throwing hair in the trashcan. ick - hair makes me nauseous... and i have lots of it!
5. my bed has to be perfectly made before i climb into it. even if i don't have time to make it before work in the morning, and it is still unmade at bedtime, i'll make it and arrange the pillows before i climb in. something about a messy bed just drives me nuts. have you ever noticed how much cleaner a room looks with JUST the bed made nicely? drives me nuts when trevor makes it to the bed before me. he just crawls in and kicks covers and throws pillows everywhere. on those occassions i simply make the bed around him.
so - there you have it. i am admittedly an oddfellow. my husband refers to me as "monk" (tony shaloub) if that gives you any indication of how extreme my idiosyncracies really are. :)
i don't have anyone's blog to tag, but i do have some friends that read my blog. my challange is for them to write their idiosyncracies in the comment section of my blog.
mom
krispy
aubs
leigh ann
trevor
dan/van
i expect to hear something from you all!!!
Thursday, August 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
oh wow, you have so many interesting ones! that's good idea for the hair thing on the shower wall. i, too, am always tossing handfuls of hair in the trash.
dustin doesn't understand how my own hair could gross me out so much.
thanks for doing this! i loved reading it!
Yeah! I finally figured out how to get here. Okay so here it goes.
1. I have one that is the same as Heather's. My bed has to be fixed every day or atleast before I get into bed. I can't stand it when the sheets get all messed up and they are hanging longer on one side than the other. I used to have to have the covers tucked in tight to the end of the bed, but my husband kept kicking them out at night and that just made things worse. So now I just leave his side out so he doesn't do any more damage.
2. I like to bake so if I'm doing something for someone else I will do it over and over until its perfect. I will throw away cakes if it doesn't come out right. So needless to say I have thrown away a lot of cake. But my family ends up getting some of the mess ups.
3. I'm really big about checking and rechecking door locks or making sure that I have put my car in park. I'm always afraid that I have forgotten to put my car in park and its going to roll away. Thankfully now I have a car that won't let you take the keys out of the ignition unless it is in park. But it took me a good year and a half to really believe that. When I worked at the bank I use to go back in after I had left to make sure my coin locker was locked. I always felt like I had left it open. But now its just my home locks that I check.
4. If I'm doing a word search puzzle I have use a pencil so I can erase the lines. I like my lines to be very precise and orderly. You can ask my family and friends because they have seen my books. So doing word search on car trips does not work well for me. I get very frustrated when I'm circling and we hit a bump. I tend to give up doing them after that.
5. I like my tennis shoes white. If they start to look dirty then I consider them old and its time for a new pair. I try washing them to keep them looking new, but that only works for so long. My husband thinks its rediculous, but I enjoy having nice, clean, fresh, tennis shoes (unlike his smelly, worn out ones).
Well, I guess that's my five. Its funny that when I started thinking about myself I couldn't come up with any. But once I really thought about it I could probably come up with more than five. This was definitely a lot of fun and something different than all of those other e-mails we get that asks you all of the same questions in each e-mail. Enjoy!
Hmmmmm...well, I only have to gag once when I'm brushing my teeth, I guess I'm not as weird as you! : )
Let's see.....
1. I have to check my alarm clock over and over before I go to bed, I have to check the time and check to make sure it's set. Probably because a couple of times I've either slept through it or didn't set it....very bad way to wake up!
2. I can't wear any item of clothing, not even a sweater, more than one time. Even if I put it on and then change my mind, I have to wash it. Needless to say, I spend a lot of time doing laundry!
3. I have this weird thing about feet. I can't stand them, ick!! I wear boots most of the time, even in summer. (does that count as two weird things?)
4. I have to make lists for everything. Lists of things to do, stuff to buy, otherwise I get to the store and can't remember a single thing I was supposed to buy. If I don't make a list of errands or chores, I can't remember anything I was supposed to do on the weekend. (sad, is that an idiosyncrisy (sp?) or alzheimers?)
5. Before I go to bed, I have to check all the closets, under the bed, behind the doors, make sure no unsavory monsters are lurking about. I'm not sure of my logic there, if someone is hiding under the bed, I guess I figure it's better to go ahead and get killed before I get into bed so the sheets don't get dirty!
i agree...you do have interesting ones.....the "gag 3 times thing" is hilarious...at least to me. have you always done this???
Post a Comment