I'm BEHIND on my blog! For some reason being jobless has really messed with my schedule. I find I have more time to get things done, and more time to procrastinate getting those things done! I'm working on some kind of compromise because when I do get a job I don't want to hear myself whining about how I can't get anything done because I don't have enough time.
Last night I was invited over to my friend April's house for dinner. She and another friend, Emily, made a wonderful meal. Salad and Lasagna (Emily swears by the Pampered Chef stoneware to make a standard lasagna even yummier!! I agree!), with whole grain rolls and butter. Dessert was a delightful concoction of chocolate brownie, chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and strawberries. Oh my... it was all so wonderful. April's house is so cute. Warm and inviting, it smells good, and I can just tell it is full of happiness. There is evidence of her faith all over the house. From the "Memory Verses" journal in the bathroom to the Bible laying in the computer room. Proverbs 31 gal ... you're doing good! :) If you all are reading this today, thank you for making my birthday so special.
When I arrived home from dinner last night I found a gift from my husband waiting on the bed. Resting against the pillows on my side of the bed was a bag from Finks - our local high end jewler. Inside were two cards and a carefully wrapped box. Inside the box was a David Yurman ring Trevor picked out for me. The cards said all the things I love to hear from Trevor, and he even added a few more sentiments of his own. It was totally unexpected and so sweet of him.
Tomorrow evening I'm going to be joining two other friends for coffee and conversation at our local Barnes and Noble bookstore. They know how special a cup of coffee at B&N is for me, so they called and asked if I could join them over there to celebrate my BIRTHDAY!!! These two particular friends happen to be sisters, and all of our husbands are very good friends. So while I'm playing with the girls, the guys will be at a designated house watching the kids and Star Wars. That ought to give us plenty of time to visit with one another.
I have the house to myself today, so after I make a pot of coffee I'm sitting down to make a list (and check it twice!!) of things to work on around the house. I have one wall in my dining room to finish glazing; books to unpack and organize on my bookshelf, a coat tree to hang up; floors to mop; and cookies to bake. Maybe if I get all that accomplished I'll make it into my craft studio to work on this year's Christmas cards.
Have a great weekend!
~ciao
2 comments:
you are very observant! Thank you for your lovely comments. I pray daily for our house to be full of God's love and joy and for our guests to feel his love and joy when they enter.
I am jealous, you went to B&N today. I can taste my frufru drink now!!! EMily does make yummy lasagna!
Yeah! I'm glad you had an awesome birthday!! Ummmmmmm....I don't know which one I can taste more right now.....the lasagna, or all that yummy chocolate, or the coffee......how about chocolate coffe? : )
Post a Comment