Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday

I hope you all enjoyed the post written by my niece, Tara. I read it before she published and was shocked by how well she writes. She's 10! I see we have yet another writer in the works. Our family has a standing love affair with books, journals, pens, and anything that slightly resembles an office supply product. Anyway, it has been a while since Tara came to stay with her Aunt Heather. We used to see each other every weekend, but since she's getting older and has other interests, I'm just not as exciting to hang with anymore. I mean, who can compete with slumber parties with her girlfriends, cheerleading for her school football team, and spending time with her daddy?!

Today has been productive. I've submitted two applications for employment (one for me and one for Trev), mailed in a bunch of rebates that have been sitting on the desk for over a week, submitted my VEC claim for benefits, and now I'm getting ready to work in my scraproom. The biggest task I've accomplished is mailing Trev's application to the Veterans Affairs. This is a job opportunity that would be AWESOME - the pay is good, the hours are great, and Trev's military background would be utilized. Keep this one in your prayers!

Trevor is taking me to Home Depot to look at shelving so I can get organized.

I wish you all a great week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought maybe you helped her write that, she's a very smart cookie! Yup, I think you got yourself a little protege! I'll keep that job for Trevor in my prayers. Happy Monday!

Judah said...

Keeping you in our prayers. no fun when they grow up is it?

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm glad that you are feeling productive! How fun to have your niece visit. Can't wait to hear good news on the job front AND to see those photos of your newly organized scrap space.