It has been raining NON STOP in my neck of the woods. Streams that normally resemble a line of drool trickling down someone's chin are surging with water. It is crazy. Today is about the third day of mid 50's weather with daylong downpours. Did someone forget to tell Mother Nature that it is December and we prefer snow? The rain would have come in handy earlier in the year when the farmers were losing crops because of the drought conditions. Hmmm ... global warming?! Anyway - it was a good day to hang out with my friend Leigh Ann and do a little shopping for myself. I'm doing the interview thing and need to dress up all professional like, and I've outgrown all my very cool tres chic suits from when I lived and worked up in DC. Stinky! I guess with age comes extra pounds as well.
I've finally figured out my Christmas cards, and now I need to start cranking them out before someone calls and asks me to come and work for them! They involve detailed watercoloring, and I have about 25-30 I need to complete ASAP. As for gifts, I've found the items I need to create the gifts I'm making (sound vague?! SOME of the receivers read this blog and I don't want to give away my big surprise!) I'm also making my own gift tags this year and I'm very excited because my new light box just arrived with a couple of new quick kutz. WEEEEE!
Last weekend I mentioned that I joined the Fly Lady so she can help me get organized. It is amazing how inspiring this woman is! I've approached my husband about helping me get organized and he has agreed to participate. I'm so ready for my files to be reorganized, the laundry to be folded and put away before Saturday, and the house to be clean on the weekends so I don't rush around like a wild woman when I know I'm having guests. If you haven't gone to HER website, I highly recommend it to you. I've enjoyed her many (and I mean MANY) e-mails and suggestions. She's not unlike my quilt nazi friend - except she's teaching me to clean and not quilt. :)
Have a great week and wish me luck. I have several upcoming interviews and I'm hoping God is going to let me know which one is mine.
~HB
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are going to be busy busy! I hope you post photos of your cards and gifts after you have sent them all out. I'd like to see your hard work.
Congratulations on committing to FlyLady. I should get back to it. I have a hard time with "getting dressed to the shoes" first thing. I love to lounge in my PJs and drink coffee and blog.
I signed up for flylady then got sick. my sink hasn't been shined in days.
have fun shopping! :)
i agree with carrieb about the dressing to shoes part. i hate shoes. and then i got a job and i'm just trying to find out how to make it through the day without falling asleep every 30 minutes. i'll leave the sinkcleaning to dustin! :)
Good luck on your interviews!! Let us know how they go, when is your next one? I don't know about this fly lady thing, she sounds pretty stressful! : )
Post a Comment