Sunday, January 22, 2006

Heather Gives Them 3 Thumbs Up!

My friend, Emily, is married to a musician. He has been creating music for much longer than I am aware of. When I first met this couple, Phil was in a band and traveling all over Virginia. He hit some of the hometown favorite hotspots, and became quite popular. The band released a few cd's and then "Life" happened. The band kind of went their separate ways out of necessity. But Phil continued playing and writing his music, and I think he has once again found his "happy place" in the music industry.

Over the past year or so he has been playing bluegrass/folk music - which is huge in this area. I love the band's name, Blue Moonshine. Check out their website. They recently released a song in honor of the Sago miners in West Virginia. If you have some time, listen to the words of this song, Thirteen Hours, and read the story behind the song. The story and the lyrics give me the chills.

I recently told Emily that I think Phil has really found his niche. I know he's having fun with this band and I look forward to future album releases!

I give this group 3 (YES, THREE) thumbs up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, three thumbs! Thanks for that. I'll make sure Phil sees it.