I finally have something to write about!! :) This being the week of love and all, I would like to share with you what my sweet hubby did to show how much he loves me. But first a little background information...
Neither Trevor or I see the purpose of spending tons of money on expensive flowers, and we BOTH know the truth about those high priced roses on Valentine's Day. We hate how florists totally screw with consumers who wish to show their undying love and devotion to that significant other in their lives by jacking up the prices of their flowers.
So, on Monday the 13th I received a call from the receptionist letting me know I had a delivery upstairs. I knew it was flowers from my honey, wishing me an early Happy Valentine's Day and saving some funds by celebrating a day early. The arrangement is beautiful. A mixture of my favorite flowers - daisies, and some brightly colored carnations, lollipop hearts and greenery. Very cute, small enough to fit on my desk and add a touch of spring to the air. Everyone loved them.
Tuesday rolls around and I receive a call from the receptionist letting me know I have a delivery upstairs. I guessed it might be flowers, but I was a little confused (based on our religious V-day belief of THOU SHALT NEVER BUY FLOWERS ON VALENTINE'S DAY). Sure enough, awaiting me at the receptionist's desk was a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of red roses and babies breath with some greenery and a card. The flowers took their place on my desk, next to the other arrangement, and the comments started. "Oh, your husband must be in the doghouse." or "what does he want that you're not giving him?!" or better yet "you must be a REALLY good wife ..." (said in that non harrassing work environment kind of way). But I laughed and everyone was so impressed with Trevor. They figured out, as I already knew, that he is a sweet and generous husband. With good taste in flowers. Needless to say, I was very surprised by day 2 flowers.
Wednesday rolls around and I receive a call from the receptionist letting me know I have a delivery upstairs. NO WAY it was going to be another arrangement, but yes, it was. The receptionist confirmed my suspicions by saying "honey, your husband sure does have good taste in flowers!" Upstairs I found the most beautiful and dainty bouquet of cream, pink, pink tipped cream, and red miniature roses/rose buds in surrounded by babies breath and greenery. They are so sweet and probably the prettiest arrangement I've ever received. Nothing big and ostentatious about them -just delicate and beautiful.
By this time, the whole office is talking. I could tell the women who said they didn't want flowers for V-day were jealous because they kept walking by my desk commenting on how beautiful my flowers were, and I know women. They say they don't want flowers, but deep down inside they wouldn't mind if their man splurged on them once in a while.
Once in a while is the key word here. Trevor does not do this often. As a matter of fact I can honestly say he's never bought me this many flowers before. And he knows I'm not an expensive flower kind of gal. I mean, come on, anyone who loves a weed (daisies) can't have high expectations in flower arrangements. But for this week, for this special week, Trevor has chosen to show me how much he loves me by splurging on what he considers a worthless gift ... just to see me smile. He loves a good surprise, and he got me this time. Don't worry honey, I won't expect the same treatment next year. Tivo will be just fine! :)
I love you Trevor. Thank you for my week of flowers.
HMB
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Taht is the best gift, when they do something you totally do not expect. Too sweet!!
Wow! How sweet. That's quite impressive.
ahhhhhhh...what a nice hubby! Good going Trevor! : )
Post a Comment