So, in an effort to follow through with my promise to keep up with my blog, I am going to share with you all my 2006 garden plans. I can't wait. I've been thinking and planning my garden for several months now and I am psyched that planting is just around the corner. I have ordered some seeds and plants, which will be delivered some time in April, and I'm going to sprout the seeds I already have.
I'm planting about 6 tomato plants, some sweet peppers, hot peppers, potatoes, scallions, garlic, lettuce, squash and strawberries, sugar snap peas and carrots. I don't have a huge plot, but it'll be big enough for me and Trev. I can plant some of the potatoes and carrots soon. Also, I have an herb container garden planned. I'll grow the usual "usable" herbs - some mint, because I love the smell of spearmint and I like it in my tea, basil, lemon balm, chives, and a few other easy growers.
ALSO, the yard is getting prepped for annuals and perennials and a few new trees, some container arrangements, and an idea for sweetpeas that I found in the latest Cottage Living magazine. This year our yard is going to look the best ever! Trevor is working on our driveway which we're turning into a circular drive. It is already taking shape - good thing he knows how to make circles. :) My little garden area is going to be right in the middle with a split rail fence surrounding it. I have so many fun ideas running around in my head, now if I can just make them happen!
So there you have it. My garden. I've been obsessing over it for weeks - researching garden layouts, when to set out my plants, where to plant them and what type of soil they require. Trevor just goes along with it ... and he's the one who has been doing all the manual labor. He's a good sport.
I will try to post some pictures as things begin to grow and take shape.
Sweet dreams my friends. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week.
HMB
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
how fun!! i want a garden, but i guess getting a yard would be the first step. (stupid apartment living)
sounds like fun, garden dreaming and all.. :)
WElcome back!! I missed you!! Where did you order your seeds from? This year I want to plant a veggie garden too!! Going to go try your maze game now!!
ok you are in so much trouble!! I got to level 3 and was thinking oh this isn't too bad, and I also turned up my sound!! oh my gosh I about freaked out when they thing popped up on my screen!!
Exciting! You let me know how it all goes & then you can teach me. Ha!
Post a Comment