Tuesday, March 28, 2006

"Workin' Hard To Make A Livin'!"

This week has been crazy, and it is only Tuesday! My attorney (boss) and I are working on a case that is strange and consumes a ton of time at the office. We had to file a brief yesterday before 12:00 midnight (electronically) and we had major technical difficulties. It was horrible. I had to rescan about 300 pages of a brief THREE different times before the filing would work properly. I didn't leave the office until almost 8:45 - I was beat. Anyway, I am hoping that by Thursday things will slow down for me because ...

On Friday I'm going out of town to a DGIF camp (Department of Game and Inland Fisheries) that will teach me to be a woman of the outdoors. No, seriously, I'm going to learn how to be an outdoor kind of gal. I had a list of approximately 20 classes from of which I could choose 8 classes to attend. I picked what I thought would be a good assortment of classes and what I ended up with was COMPLETELY different! I'm signed up for Forest Ecology, Wetland Ecology and two classes of Wilderness Survival. I'm praying they don't plop me down in the middle of the forest with a compass and tell me to get back to the campsite! I will, of course, be armed heavily with a can of Raid and some bug repellant. Otherwise, I will be communing with nature for a whole weekend. Wish me luck!

~HMB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better take your camera!! And take some bread crumbs to leave a trail behind you to find your way home. sounds like tons of fun!! Can't wait to see the blog about this one. By the way, my nieces have been reading your blog and they did the maze thing, poor Taylor cried!!! Kara of course thought it was a hoot!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You are braver than I am. You go girl!