Well, I did it. I made it home and survived my first wilderness adventure at the 4-H camp in Appomattox, VA. I had a BLAST!!! Last week ended way worse than I could have expected with me staying at work until midnight on Thursday. Trevor and I planned on leaving for camp early Friday morning, but by the time I returned home from work I was so tired I went to bed and packed the next morning. It was crazy. I won't go into all the gory work details because I don't want to complain and sound whiney. Suffice it to say I was a team player last week. :)
Anyway, I arrived at camp and proceeded to learn many, many useful things. How to survive in the wilderness (or the city) if I ever get lost, how to tell the different pine trees apart from one another, how to identify frog eggs from salamander eggs, the ecological impact of a fallen tree in the forest ... and many other interesting tidbits of information.
I am very tired, therefore I will not go into a detailed description of my weekend. I did take pictures, but I'll have to post them after I download the pictures.
Have a great week!
HMB
Monday, April 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment