Thursday, April 06, 2006

What I Learned at BOW Camp

I can build, crawl into and POSSIBLY spend the night in a debris shelter such as this one ...

Image hosting by Photobucket


My teepee fire would have kicked BUTT if there hadn't been a burn ban last weekend! Instead it made a very cool shelter for Native American Barbie!

Image hosting by Photobucket

Just a couple of pictures showing you that yes, I did enjoy myself, and I am quite capable of bonding with nature. Note the scary hairstyle. I'm pretty sure if I lived in the wilderness with only the beasts of the land looking at me, the hair would be the first sacrifice for my survival. Darn hair got snarled in every branch of every tree we passed. Gnats loved it and the wind made sure my hair stayed in my face and mouth when it wasn't snarled in branches.

I'll post more later this week!

G'night,
H

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you nature girl.