Well, once again we have some major changes occuring in our lives. Trevor, I am SO happy to say, was offered a job as a train conductor at one of the best railroads in the country. He begins work/training on the 21st. He'll be training in GA and our area for the next 5 months - beginning in GA on the 21st for 8 days. I am going to MISS him so much, but I know this job is just the opportunity we've been waiting for. It is an outdoor, dirty, hands on kind of job and Trevor LOVES those types of jobs. No more sitting behind a desk gaining weight - that's my job now! :) I feel like God has really been preparing us for this change and I'm praying our way through it. The job itself is pretty strenuous and will require Trevor to be on call 24/7 the first year or so he's working. Luckily he will be local during this time, so it isn't like he'll be gone dor days at a time... at least not long distance. Trevor can't wait to drive the train ... "toot toot."
I'm slowly feeling better. I hate to write the same thing over and over again - but its the truth! Aside from the heartburn/indigestion I get when I eat what I shouldn't or more than I should, I'm feeling much better. I'm officially in my second trimester, so I've heard this is the calm before the storm ... so to speak. I've already received a couple of baby outfits and when I washed them I was amazed by how tiny everything is. Cracks me up. I thought my nieces' clothes were small, but these are downright tiny.
Many of you have asked if we are going to find out the sex of the baby. Uh, YES!!!! I'm not a big fan of surprises and finding out I was pregnant was surprise enough for me. Not to mention I'm a big planner and I would like to be as ready as possible when this kid comes along. It seems so strange to think that we're going to have an extra family member at Christmas this year!! Mom, if you're reading this, I think we deserve LOTS of extra gifts this year. :)
My next doctor's appointment is June 20th - that seems to be the only time I receive confirmation (other than my big fat body that keeps getting bigger) that I have something growing in me. When I'm in bed at night I lay really still just in case I might feel something, but my book tells me that I'm a good 5-7 weeks off from actually feeling the kid kick or anything. So - until then I guess what I'm feeling is a bloated stomach and gas.
I officially started wearing some maternity clothes to work - I can tell people (especially some of the men) are wondering if I'm pregnant or just getting fat. It is kind of funny because I know they're afraid to ask me if I'm pregnant. Several of them have asked their secretaries if they know anything. I like keeping them guessing - its kind of fun.
We're starting to check into daycare and OMG is it expensive. At least for our salaries at this point!! There are several good facilities in the area, but geez do you pay out the butt for them ... if you make it off the 6 month waiting list! I am also going to check into private sitters, but that is such a scary thought to me. One just doesn't know what happens when the parent isn't around. I almost think it would be worth it to pay the daycare facility just for peace of mind! We'll see what happens. Maybe someone I know will recommend a sitter or an alternative to the day care facilities.
I always feel like I need to apologize for the delays between entries, but at least I have something to talk about when I DO post again. :) I hope everyone is having a marvelous week and I will post again soon. G'night!!
HMB
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Like I said before, so HAPPY for Trevor and we will would love to have a sleepover at your hosue, ha!!
Ask Amy, she has some great sitters that chris and I use time to time.
Ask around your church.
You are right 2nd trimester is a breeze!!
Post a Comment