Tuesday, June 20, 2006

New News

Just a quick update on the dr.'s appt. this afternoon. I am happy to report that according to my lab results I am disease free. I was a little worried about those STDs (just kidding mom!!). Actually, I was more interested to find out if I've ever had chicken pox. My mom said when I was younger my brother had chicken pox, but she didnt' know if I'd actually had them or not. She figured if I'd had them it was a very mild case because she never found any spots on me. My brother, on the other hand, looked like a leper. hehehe ... poor dude. Anyway, it turns out I am immune to the CP's, so I can rest easy. :)

Trevor was able to hear the baby's heartbeat and as an added bonus he heard the child throwing its first fit. Evidently it didn't like the way the dr. was pushing on my stomach with the little doppler microphone and it started kicking. I couldn't feel anything but we sure heard it kicking. It was definitely not happy about being pushed on. The heartbeat is 140 beats per minute. My doctor says that the myth of fast heartbeats/slow heartbeats determining the sex of the baby is a big myth. Sooo .... we'll just have to wait until next month and hope that this little being decides to reveal itself to us - Literally! Trevor's hoping the stem will be on the apple. Truthfully, I wouldn't mind a boy. Ultimately, though, we both just want a healthy child.

Well, that's it. Trevor leaves early tomorrow a.m. to drive to his training in Ga. I'll be baching it for 8 LONG days - but I'm sure the critters and I will be fine - Just a little lonely. I'm hoping to convince a few of my coffee drinking buddies to meet me at our favorite hotspot - B&N - for a few quality minutes of catching up. You guys game?!

Until next time, I wish you all a wonderful week. Thanks for keeping up with our little family and reading the blog. I promise to update again soon. Trevor will provide lots of entertaining stories I'm sure.

HMB

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know it doesn't take much to convince me to go to B&N!!

mindi11 said...

the heartbeat thing was true for me. Bella was always around 156 and Juju was around 135-140.

140 sounds a little boyish to me. :) glad you don't have any diseases, that's always a bonus.

Anonymous said...

Let me know what night you want to go. April and I are always up for hanging out with ya.