Here's the latest and greatest ...
Last week I had my doctor's appt. where they did the blood sugar test. This test is to determine whether or not I have gestational diabetes. It is normal for them to do this test around 27 weeks - and it wasn't too horrible, even if they did take a vile of my life blood!!! :( I'd only gained 2 lbs. between visits and my vitals were perfect. We heard the baby's heart beat and in between kicks (seems the sugar water I had to drink made the kid a little hyper - sugar is evil!!) the heartbeat was perfectly normal. I am measuring according to schedule - 27 weeks (now 28). Baby T is moving around quite a bit these days and I can see him moving ... or at least my stomach moving. It is normally in the evening and when I first lay down at night. I'm looking forward to meeting the little guy - Trevor is already planning the obstacle course and play yard out back (haha) and I'm getting ansy to get the room painted and get everything set up. Only a few more months and we're going to have a family of 3 - it sounds so odd and I'm sure it will feel strange for a bit!!
Today, though, I received some bad news. I did NOT pass the first glucose test, so now I have to go back for the 3 hour test. I really dread this. I was so hoping everything would test normal and I wouldn't have to go back for more taking of the blood. At last week's appt. I had a really rude nurse - she just wasn't very pleasant. Even Trevor agreed with me on that one! He was with me to cheer me on and make me laugh - even though he'd worked the night shift and hadn't had much sleep. The nurse told me I needed to "toughen up" because I was having a baby and that was far worse than having blood drawn. Like I don't know that ... DUH! Anyway, I return for my 3 hour test next Tuesday. Keep me and the kid in your prayers! I might just pass out on this one. They have to draw blood 3 times instead of once.
Trevor just finished a week on third shift, which is 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. For the first part of the week he also helped teach a hunter safety course from 6:00 until 9:00! Poor guy had a very long week. On Saturday morning he came home from work long enough to eat a bowl of cereal and then he and another friend went to cut wood down near where my parents live. My mom and I attended a conference at my church. Around 1:30, when we were leaving, I saw that I had a message on my cell phone. With dread in my heart I dialed v-mail and heard "Hey ... it's me. Don't freak out ... but Clif is on his way to the ER, he cut his leg with the chain saw..." I made my mom listen to the rest of the message because I was too nervous! Poor Clify had cut the lower part of his shin and had to be taken to the hospital, which is about 45 minutes or more from where they were cutting wood. I'm happy to report Clif had some heavy duty angels watching over him and he only sustained a pretty nasty cut on his shin. They couldn't put any suturs in it because there wasn't any skin left (I know, ick!!). So they took some xrays for good measure, gave him a tetanus shot, some antibiotics and pain pills and sent him home with instructions to stay off the leg for a bit. Once I knew Clif was okay my biggest concern was that his 7 year old son, Adam, who was with them, wasn't completely traumatized. Needless to say, it was a very long and tiring day. Trevor came home and we both fell asleep on the sofa until 1:30 a.m. at which point Trevor woke me up and we went upstairs to bed. Trev slept for 13 hours straight!! This week is going to be much better. He's on second shift and works from 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. He'll be home around the time we normally fall asleep and if he needs to sleep in a bit he'll be able to do so.
That's about it I suppose. I've been doing a Bible Study by Beth Moore called A Woman's Heart God's Dwelling Place and I have lots of interesting thoughts and ideas to share with you. It has been a wonderful study and when I have a few minutes and a little more energy I'll share with you. Until then, I hope you all have a great week!!
H
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I will e-mail and give you the skinny on the 3hr test b/c I had to do it too. No fun!
Hey! I'm glad everything is going so well, it sounds like you're doing really good, well, besides having to take that 3 hour test! Everyone tells me that a little touch of diabetes is quite normal during pregnancy and goes away after you have the baby. I hope the test isn't too horrible! When do you have to take it? You have to post some pictures, I want to see that baby belly! Take some pictures of the baby's room when you get it done too. You're in my prayers!
Praying for you
Hey Heather -
Thanks for the update...heading back to see the rest. Can't wait to see your pix.
Post a Comment