Don't you just love the smell and feel of a sparkling clean house? My downstairs is absolutely spotless. In honor of such cleanliness I lit my two favorite apple candles and put a really good cd on the cd player. I turned the lights down low in the living room and I'm getting ready to head down there to relax. If I could enjoy a glass of wine, I would. Since Tristen is a minor and shouldn't be drinking, I figure a glass of cold water will work just fine. :) I won't think about my upstairs or the laundry that needs to be put away...
This week has been one of those weeks that just took forever to end. On Friday I had to sit through a 2 hour mandatory computer training class at work so they could review computer basics from the most basic of levels. I am now well versed in the art of turning a comuter on and understanding the inner workings of a computer. I know the difference between hardware and software, and I am proud to say I've mastered the art of understanding the "Start" window. What is really sad is that our IT dept. needed to do this class because there are people at our office who have almost NO knowledge of computers. They know how to get stuff done (check e-mail from their friends), make copies on the copier, and answer a phone. Scary!! So, after a nice 2 hour training session we were treated to a wonderful lunch. At least I got a free meal out of the whole thing. Do I sound like I'm grumbling? I hope not too much, because I understand why they had to have the class. I just think it is sad that everyone has to take two hours out of their day to learn stuff they already know.
So - I've been trying to take some pictures of my pregnant belly. It isn't easy! I stand in front of a mirror and take about 50 pictures, and of those 50 pictures only one or two look worthy of even downloading from the memory card. I will try to get Trevor to take pictures tomorrow.
Speaking of tomorrow, we're going to be entertaining at our house after church! We've been talking to our friends about having them over for a deep fried turkey dinner all summer, and this is the day we agreed would work for everyone. I'm looking forward to them coming over, as well as my parents, and we're going to feast on turkey, calico beans, grit casserole, french bread, and Lorraine's homemade banana pudding. YUM!
Trevor has been working second shift this week, which is 3:00 -11:00. He works the same shift next week as well. It works out good because he gets home at a reasonable time and then has the whole next morning until about 2:00 to get stuff done. It is strange not having him home in the evenings - can't say that I like it much - but I am willing to deal with the odd hours because this job will pay off in the long run.
Next Tuesday is my 3 hour glucose test. Not looking forward to that bad boy. I hope it turns out okay because the next step would be the diet and testing my blood sugar until I give birth. Ick! I will keep everyone posted. Tristen is moving around and it feels like my whole stomach is shifting. Sometimes it is uncomfortable, and sometimes it just feels funny. A couple of nights ago I woke up freaking out because I felt like I wasn't pregnant anymore. I felt my stomach to make sure it was still poking out there - he must have been asleep because I didn't feel any type of movement at all and when I turned over I didn't feel any discomfort either. That was so awful - not that I want to remain pregnant forever, but it would be nice to have a kid to show for it! Not a good feeling at all. I think I prefer my dream that I gave birth to a 16 lb. catfish - NOT!
Well, I'm off to enjoy the soothing silence of my living room. Trevor is working late(r) tonight so I think I'll work on my Bible Study some more before I go to bed.
Blessings!
HMB
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds like you have a very relaxing evening planned :) enjoy it....while you can! ;)
the turkey dinner sounds delicious and super fun too.
hope your test turns out okay. those things are horrible.
How was your turkey dinner? Sounds delicious, you're making me hungry already this morning! You didn't really have a dream that you gave birth to a 16 lb catfish did you? hee hee That had to be a little disturbing! Good luck on your test! : )
sounds like nesting.. I wish I could say I have a nice sparley house, doesn't happen much after kids
Post a Comment