Friday, September 29, 2006

{End of the Week Summary}

Oh my am I glad it is Friday!!! It feels like this week has lasted forever - and not in a good way! I wish my vacation weeks dragged out this long!

On Tuesday I went for my 3-hour glucose test, since I didn't pass the 1-hour test 2 weeks earlier, and I suffered through about 3.5 hours at the doctor's office with nothing to do. I mentioned that the nurse I had at the 1-hour test was less than friendly and wasn't very nice. Well, on Monday, before I had to go back for the 3-hour test, my friend at work convinced me to call the doctor's office and ask that I have a different nurse do the 3 hour test. I decided it would make me feel a lot better if I had a nicer, happier person sucking my blood from my arm, so I made the call. The receptionist assured me that I would have a different nurse who was much friendlier. Imagine my surprise when I walked into the lab and my evil nurse was waiting for me ... needle in hand!!! I didn't dare say a word because I didn't want her to get mad at me or anything. So, she did the entire 3 hours of testing and managed to yell at me only once. I guess I twitched the third time she stuck me in the arm. Anyway, 4 vials of blood later Trevor and I headed to McD's for lunch and then home. Once we made it home I took a LONG nap and went to Bible Study that evening.

Wednesday everything returned to normal. Trevor has been working second shift this week, but must nights they haven't been getting done until well after 3:00 a.m. So I've only seen him in passing - when he crawls into bed and when I leave for work. Work was stressful and I was really stressing over my glucose test results. I finally found out around 3:30 that I'd passed the glucose test. Woo Hoo for me!!! I was really worried I wouldn't pass it and they would take away all my cravings and replace them with fiber or something. Whew. That evening I met my previous boss and a coworker for dinner and we spent a lovely evening laughing and catching up on life. It has been almost a year since the last time I saw either of them. The evening was pleasant and it was nice to see everyone. My mom spent the night at our house since she was on call, so I went home and hung out with her for a bit. Nice ending to a long day.

Yesterday Trevor's crew was almost in a very serious accident at work and the company is doing an investigation. Since Trevor is still a trainee, he is in a precarious position as an employee. He doesn't have Union backing (trainees can't join until they are promoted to full time) and his crew does. We're praying that everything turns out okay and that everyone's jobs remain intact. I just can't imagine going through again what we went through for 8 months. I feel so blessed that everyone on the crew was protected and kept safe - it could have been a huge tragedy. So, if you happen to think about it, keep Trevor in your prayers. This is a very crucial time for us right now.

Today I had lunch with some girlfriends at work and it was so nice to get out of the office for a bit. I was stressed about Trevor's situation, but they kept me laughing throughout lunch. It is always nice to have a couple of people who can keep your mind off of your problems for a bit.

This weekend I'm not doing much of anything. Last weekend was pretty busy, so this weekend I'm taking it easy. I placed a Stampin' Up order and will be making thank you cards for the baby shower, announcement cards for when Tristen makes his appearance in Dec., and also scrapbook a bit. I'm looking forward to just hanging out and enjoying the peace and quiet. Trevor has to work tomorrow and Sunday is church. I'm determined to catch up on my rest, the laundry and enjoy myself.

I wish you all the best and I'll check back next week after my 30 week check up on the 5th. Can you believe I'm 30 weeks along?!

Ciao!
H

1 comment:

Judah said...

So glad you passed your test adn that Trevor and his crew are safe. WIll be praying over his situation.
30 weeks!! YOu're almost there!!