Saturday, November 04, 2006

34/35 Week Update

I am looking and feeling very pregnant these days! I had an appt. last week and everything looks fine. Tristen is very active, moving around quite a bit and poking me in the ribs. Sometimes it is funny, other times it just plain hurts! My doctor told me I can expect to start feeling some contractions, but they are just Braxton Hicks at this point. I'm pretty sure I may have been feeling them last weekend when we went to the folk life festival. We have one more child preparedness class to go and we'll be finished.

The week before last I had a bit of a scare. I woke up one morning and kept experiencing some sharp pain in my left shoulder blade/chest area. It was mostly when I took deep breaths. I went to work and ended up calling the doctor to see if this was something normal during pregnancy and she had me come in for an appt. She then admitted me to the ER because she was afraid I might be experiencing symptoms of a pulmonary embolism. HUH?! So what was originally a lunch break turned into a hospital admittance. They ran some tests and everything checked out fine. They released me from the ER and I went home for some much needed rest. I realized while I was in the hospital that I've NEVER been in the hospital! I guess I've been blessed with great health. :)

Well, that is the latest and greatest. Tomorrow I have another baby shower to attend and after that I'm hoping well get our house cleaned up and ready for the kid to arrive. :) Happy weekend to ya!

HMB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me about going to the ER. So glad you are OK.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, did they ever say what it was? Maybe Tristen is making you sleep funny....
Glad you're feeling better.