Since I have very few pictures of me and Tristen (I prefer the pictures of Trevor and Tristen)I had Trev take a picture of us yesterday before church. Tristen is wearing his new outfit that Jen bought for him and I think he looks so cute in it.
We babysat for Grant, Jennifer and Chris' son, and he did an excellent job. He was happy and played the entire time. He was very curious about Tristen and seemed to enjoy pulling Tristen's pacifier out of his mouth and trying to put it back in again. It was pretty funny. Grant was gentle with Tristen and tried to share his toys with him - he kept giving Tristen his car and saying "vroom vroom". I thought it was a very good start to introducing Grant to his new buddy - Feb. 5th is just around the corner!
Tristen has started smiling at us when he hears our voices. It is especially cute in the morning when he first wakes up. The other morning I was watching him in his bed and he was staring at the mobile of bears above his head. He was smiling and "talking" away for the longest time. After a long night of feedings it helps to see that smile - makes the lack of sleep a little more worthwhile.
Trevor has been working a lot and his schedule is ever changing. Poor guy doesn't have a regular 9-5 job, so I guess his body is all out of whack. The extra work is great, but between a crying baby at night and his crazy schedule he has a hard time doing much more than getting a few good hours of sleep when he is home. We are so thankful for his job though, so we're just looking forward to the day when Tristen sleeps all night and maybe Trev will get a job with more "regular" hours.
As of last Friday Jennifer is no longer employed by the law firm where we work. She is about to embark on a couple of weeks of R&R before attacking the world of daycare. I'm wishing her the very best and praying that this works out to be the best possible scenario for both of us. I have to say I'm so glad I don't have to take Tristen to some daycare with a bunch of strangers and a room full of kids [sick]. Jennifer is great with children, a Christian, a good friend and I trust her. It will make going back to work much easier! She will have a new addition to the family when Baby Benjamin arrives in April. My aunt and some other family members and friends have offered to help care for Tristen while Jennifer takes some time off to get to know Ben and to heal. My aunt will stay with us for a week or two - which is going to be fun - and others will pitch in as needed.
Otherwise, there isn't much more going on. Monica - if you read this entry be sure to give us a call or send an e-mail to us so we can chat. We got your earlier post.
Love,
H
Enjoy!
2 comments:
beautiful photo!!
hey I am here if you ever need a sitter. Mikayla loves babies!!
Ahhhhhh....I love that picture! You guys look so cute. I'm so glad you have a good friend to watch Tristen! That's got to be a huge relief, I don't know if I could drop my baby off with strangers, that would just be too stressful!
Post a Comment