Monday, February 05, 2007

A Day of Firsts

First day back to work

First day of our new schedule

AND

The first day I've been away from my baby boy for a full day since he was born ...

Today was a bit overwhelming, but also good for us. Tristen did awesome with Jennifer and Grant. Jennifer was so sweet. She sent me Tristen updates throughout the day and even worked some of her magic and had him fall asleep on his own in the crib!! She sent me a couple pictures of him as well - I LOVE email! Instant mommy gratification. :)

I have to admit - I cried just a tiny bit on my way to work. It hit me that from this point on I will only see my baby in the mornings and evenings until the weekends, and someone else would have to be with him for the better part of the day. Once again I am reminded of just how blessed we are to have Jennifer in our lives! When I picked Tristen up from her house this evening he was smiling and cooing at her - much more than he has ever done for me. He couldn't take his eyes off of her and when she talked he just lit up. So I'd say Jennifer has an admirer! He must like the way she changes his diaper. :)

Anyway, here are some pictures of our little man from today. One from this morning just before we left for work and the others are the ones Jennifer sent to me at work. Her bouncy seat is way cooler than ours!







Jennifer and Grant, thank you for taking such good care of Tristen. We'll see you tomorrow.

Thanks, everyone, for the e-mails, phone calls and cards wishing me luck and showing how much you care. It was so awesome to hear from you and know that I have family and friends who are praying us through this latest transition. We love you!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have loved having Tristen with us this week. He's such a happy and laid back baby. I'm glad I can help you out while doing what I've always wanted to do.