Tristen continues to change before our eyes. He is sleeping less during the day and more at night. He has increased his food intake quite a bit and is showing the signs of a double chin! This evening while laying on his stomach (on Trev's stomach) Tristen held his head up and looked around for a very long time. I've never seen him hold his head so high for such a long length of time. It was exciting! Afterward he puked all over Trevor's sweatshirt ... go Tristen! Since he isn't sleeping as much in the afternoons I've been trying to find things to do that will keep his attention and keep him from crying. He loves his mobile above the pack-n-play (still) and enjoys his bouncy seats. The swing has long since lost his attention, much to my astonishment. One minute he loved it, the next it was his worst enemy. He also enjoys his play mat with the mirror and funny lights and sounds. The ceiling fan is also a cheap and quick source of enjoyment when he's getting a little fussy. :) Next week he goes for his 2 month check up - we'll see how much weight he's gained. I suspect he's about 11 lbs. or more (based on my unscientific method of weighing myself without and then with him). Following in his parent's footsteps, Tristen is NOT a morning person. In fact, he is downright contrary when he wakes up. He goes from peaceful and sweet to tazmanian devilish seconds after waking up.
I received my doctor's release to return to work next Monday. I'm doing pretty good in the weight dept. and will be able to fit into the majority of my old work clothes. I'd still like to lose about 15 lbs. - we'll see how that goes. I think my attorneys are ready for me to come back and help them out. Many of you have asked if I'm ready to return to work - I think I'm probably as ready as I'll ever be. I've always enjoyed working and while I think it will be hard to leave Tristen for the better part of the day, I'm sure I will survive just like many other mothers have survived. I'm also sure I will be a big old crybaby when I drop him off at Jennifer's house on Monday. He'll be in good company though, so at least I know he's safe and will be loved and well taken care of. Grant (Jennifer's son) will probably be fascinated with Tristen's pacifier and keep everyone on their toes by snitching it from Tristen's mouth. Check out these cute pictures of Grant at Chuck E. Cheese. It was his first experience at Chuck's place. Isn't he fun? We've been having fun with Jennifer and Grant these past weeks. Jennifer says she'll miss me, but I'm REALLY going to miss her when I go back to work and she's not there. It will be lonely!!! The up side is that I still get to see her every day. :-)
Here are a couple pics of Tristen from today. Enjoy!!


4 comments:
such a cutie! he and ezra look like they are growing at the same rate, cheeks, double chin and all!
Wow! He is growing so fast!
Heather - he's BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations! So happy for your family!
Shay
Oh my gosh, I LOVE those cheeks! The look so kissable! : )
Post a Comment