Trevor is still working ALL the time at the railroad, which is good and bad. Tristen and I miss seeing him. BUT, we are blessed that he has this job. We're thankful for the income and that it is a stable job that will only get better with time. He's already thinking about tilling up the garden again this year and planting some spring potatoes. Something about this time of year just brings out the gardeners in us ... and we're no gardners for sure! My dad, the consumate gardner, is my go to guy whenever I need advice. Because of Trevor's hard work and my dad's advice, we had a decent garden last year. I was just too pregnant to work in it! ;) Anyway, Trevor is an outdoors kind of guy and he loves this weather. The bird feeders are hung and full of bird food and the yard is getting prepped for his spring/summer plans.
I've been busy with work and Tristen. It seems as if there just aren't enough hours in the day to get done what needs to be done. I feel as if we rush around in the morning so we can get out the door, and then we rush around in the evening trying to get a few things done before bedtime. And all of this is between feedings and baths. Whew - I don't know how my mom ever accomplished anything! Suddenly I understand why people actually have to schedule a chore each night of the week. I've GOT to get more organized!
Tristen is doing great. He's growing like crazy and seems to have hit another growth spurt. Just last week he went from drinking 4 ounces of formula to 7 ounces. Overnight - literally. One day Jen called me at work and told me he'd eaten 6.5 ounces of formula and from that point on he's been consistenly eating between 6 and 7 ounces. He also likes to snack in between feedings. His feet are HUGE. So are his hands. He seems to be long because all of his pants and onesies with footies are getting too short for him. So, he's in an inbetween stage. He has the best disposition - very laid back and easy going. The only time he really fusses is when he's hungry or his stomach hurts. Just this past week, though, he has started fussing for no apparent reason. It lasts about 15 minutes and then he calms down and eats. I have no clue what its all about, but hopefully he'll work his way out of that little habit. He's sleeping from about 10:00 until 5:30 or 6:00 a.m., which is AWESOME. He and Trevor bond in the mornings when Trevor gets him dressed for the day. I hear them over the monitor and it is the sweetest thing. Trevor talks to him and plays with him. And when Tristen starts to fuss, it doesn't even phase Trev. I love seeing him with Tristen - I just can't wait for the two of them to play outside and for Trevor to teach him what he knows about the outdoors.
Let's see. Jen is due on April 25th and a couple of us from work decided to do a little baby shower for her. Jen is one of the most giving and caring people I know. She would do anything for anybody, but she has a hard time accepting it when people do things for her to show that they care. She was completely surprised by the shower and kept saying "it wasn't necessary, I didn't expect it." Well, Jen, we WANTED to do it and we LOVE you!! So deal with it. :)
Finally, here are some sweet pictures of my two favorite people in the world. Trev and Tristen. These pictures were taken over the past week and are in no particular order. Just a few shots to show you how big Tristen is. Check out the picture where he's flying. He does a Superman pose whenever Trevor puts him over his head, but he wouldn't do it when I was taking the pictures. It is so cute!!

I will post more pictures again soon - blogger isn't letting me post all of the ones I wanted to post tonight, so I figure I'll save this entry before I lose it all together! Much love to everyone.
T,H&T
2 comments:
I love pic number 3! He looks like such a charmer. Look out, Heath, he's gonna be a ladies man! Thanks again for the shower. Lots of love, Jen.
I love that third picture too. Green is definitely his color! What a cutie!! Keep the pictures coming, I need my daily Tristen fix! : )
Post a Comment