The Tman is growing like crazy. He's learned lots and lots of new words, such as "outside, bubbles, bite, drink, please, thank you, milk, poppy (grandpa) and GG (grandma), cat, Jack, etc. He's also walking like he's been doing it for years instead of months. He's just amazing. Right now he loves bubbles and if he sees a bubble container he shrieks with joy. He also loves books. His see and say board book is his favorite book by far. Probably because it only requires a short attention span and he can turn the pages. ha! He drags that thing from one room to another saying "book, book, book ... mommy mommy mommy ... book book book" It is so cute for the first 30 minutes. :) Actually, I lie. I could listen to him say "mommy" and "daddy" forever. Trevor and I love to hear his little voice saying our names.
Tristen loves the "outside." He wakes up in the morning and points out the window, ready to go outside and play. Regardless of the weather. He'd make a great Fedex delivery man! He'd rather be outside exploring than inside the house ANY day! He's just like his daddy. He is all boy, as you will see from the pictures below. He loves his sandbox and has been burying rocks in the sand for safekeeping. I'm not sure if they're the same rocks he attempts to eat, but we're working on keeping him from sticking every rock in the driveway into his mouth. Thus the Oreo cookie around his mouth in these pictures. He was a filthy mess that day. I seem to remember lots of pictures of my brother looking like that as well.
Trevor took him on his first four wheeler ride a couple of weeks ago. It was a painfully slow ride, but he LOVED it. I, on the other hand, was watching like a hawk to make sure he didn't do anything silly, like jump off Trev's lap while the four wheeler was moving. Trevor is very safety=minded, so I wasn't concerned about him driving Tristen around on it. It was just Tristen I didn't trust. He shows no fear. Anyway, no pictures of that little adventure because, as I was saying, I had to keep an eye on my boy.
In about three weeks Tristen will start daycare at a little church not far from where I work. Trev and I feel very lucky to have found this daycare - it offers what we feel is important for him at this stage. The classes are small with Christian teachers and they're pretty structured - as structured as you can make a class for 16 month olds! He'll be learning and interacting with other kids his age in a Christian environment, which will be great. They have a Bible lesson each day, a prayer in the morning to start the day, and as he gets older they will do more challenging lessons. We're so excited to get him over there and settled in. Another HUGE change for us, but we're looking forward to it.
On May 11 we will celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary, Mother's Day and Tristen is being dedicated at church that day as well. It is a big Sunday for the Beyer family! I'll be sure to get pictures to share.
Spring has definitely sprung in these parts. The flowers are blooming and the trees have buds all over their branches. The redbud Trevor bought for me in memory of my grandma looks absolutely beautiful this year. I've included a picture of it below. This month is the anniversary of her death - not something I like to dwell on, but it does make me happy that the redbud, her very favorite tree, looked its best this month. Like it was putting on a good show for grammy. Our phlox are blooming and the hillside we planted last spring/summer is starting to sprout as well. There are a few bare spots because it seems we bought annuals instead of perennials. Oh well. We'll figure it out one of these days.
On a personal note, I started off spring with a new hairdo. Bangs! I haven't had bangs since I was in my early 20's, so it was quite a step for me to let my hairdresser chop off a huge chunk of my hair right in the front of my head. I am pleased to say that it looks very cute and I will probably keep it this way for the next 15 years or so. I'm so adventurous! Just not having to pull all that hair up on top of my head is a huge relief. I feel about 10 lbs. lighter ... too bad I can't do that to my hips and butt! Sorry, I haven't had a picture taken of me in months, so I can't post any of my new do. I'll try to get Trev. behind the lens to take a few shots of me.
Otherwise, life is moving right along. We hope you all are doing well and enjoying spring. We will try to post more pictures again soon. Love you!
T, H&T
2 comments:
you have to come visit us so that our little men will not be strangers! They can eat rocks together :) I can not wait to see the banes!!
What a cutie pie! Glad to hear you are all well. Can we please get together soon?
Post a Comment