Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Baron Beyer - January 2003 to April 2008


We've had a pretty eventful couple of weeks around here. I'm sorry to say that most of our news is pretty sad.

Last Tuesday our youngest rottie (5 yrs), Baron, passed away. We're not sure what happened, but we're almost positive he was poisoned somehow. Maybe he got into something, maybe somebody did it to him ... we just don't know. He got sick on Sunday evening, looked pitiful when Trev left for work Monday afternoon and was dying when I got home from work Monday night. Trevor had made a vet's appt. for him first thing Tuesday a.m., but he passed away before Trev could get him over there. Trevor had the hard job of finding a proper burial site and burying him. I know it tore him up. This was so hard on us, especially me, because Baron was my first baby boy. We adopted him from the Humane Society when he was about 4 months old and nursed him back to health after he'd been malnourished and neglected the first part life. He and our oldest rottie, Sam, were great buddies and just adored each other. Baron kept Sam too busy to get old and crotchety by tormenting her on a daily basis. He was a wonderful friend to us and so very gentle with Tristen. His big brown eyes will forever be etched in my memory. Trevor buried him up on the hill that he visited the most when his dog collar battery was low - it is a great hillside home surrounded by woods, but still within sight of our house. I can look out the back bedroom windows and see him. I'm glad to know he's at peace and no longer suffering. While I know it is silly for a grown woman to wish for this, I hope to see him again one day.

In other news, Tristen is starting preschool next week. We found out he could get in a week earlier than expected and we went ahead and took advantage of the opportunity. He'll be in a small class of about 7 other kids his age, which makes me happy. I'm a nervous wreck, because, as you know, Jennifer is the only person who has ever watched him full time for us. This is a great change for all of us, so we're so thankful God opened this door. The curriculum and structure is based on God's truths, which are important to us. So, here we go - on to another adventure!

This week Trevor and I are on a much needed vacation from work. Each of us, for different reasons, needed this break. We're not going anywhere, just staying put for a bit. Resting and trying to enjoy being a family. Trev has planted another garden, God bless him, and I've been getting dose of full time mommyhood. It has been challanging trying to get anything done other than wash clothes and transfer them from the dryer to the sofa. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. I sure love being here with Trev and the Tman.

Trevor's older sister, Janette, was in a horrible car accident last Friday. We found out just as I was leaving work and Trevor came home early so we could go down to NC to be there with the rest of his family. Janette has a compound fracture in her leg, both of her lungs were punctured, her aorta was cut and she broke most, if not all, of her ribs. Someone ran into her car head on, which in turn caused 3 more cars to get involved. Janette and the driver of the other car were both rushed to the hospital in critical condition. We are praying for Janette, but the odds are against her. She was in poor health to begin with and those medical issues are complicating her recovery. She is in critical condition and on life support. If you think about it, please keep Janette in your prayers. She has three children, the youngest is 7 (or 8) and the second daughter just returned home from Florida to be with her mom and sisters again. She is 16 or 17.

So, there you have it. April has been one of the most difficult months we've experienced to date. May is going to be better, it is the month we celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary, the month Tristen is dedicated to the Lord, and the month the new Indiana Jones and Narnia movies are released to the theaters. Of course May is going to be a better month!

I promise the next update will be much lighter. We will have pictures to share from Tristen's dedication service and our big Celebration Sunday. We love you all and hope you'll check back again soon.

Love, T, H & T

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so sorry April was so hard for you! We'll be praying for Trevor's sister and that May will be full of blessings. Enjoy your week off, your anniversary, and Tristen's dedication :)

Emily said...

I'm sorry about your dog and Trev's sister. I will be praying for her and her children.