Tuesday, May 20, 2008

In Memory of Jannette Irvin


Well, I promised happier news in my next post, but it isn't to be. This post is dedicated to Trevor's oldest sister, Jannette Irvin.

As I shared with you in my previous post, Trevor's sister was in an accident on May 2 and she suffered life threatening injuries. She was taken to Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem, NC, where she was listed in critical condition. In addition to her numerous injuries, she had some serious health issues that worked against the healing process. In the end, her body was just too weak and other complications set in. I am sad to say that, Jannette passed away at the hospital on the afternoon of May 12th. Her loved ones were by her side.

While I didn't know Jannette all that well, there are some things that just stood out about her to each of us. To me, Jannette was a kindhearted and fun loving person, whose smile and laughter brightened the day for those around her. She had a way of lighting up a room with that laugh of hers. She loved helping people, young or old, and she reached out to many people who were hurting and suffering. Everyone who knows her said the same thing. "She never knew a stranger." She was outgoing and always pleasant to be around. She just loved being around people.

Trevor's family asked him to give the Eulogy at the funeral last Saturday. He spent hours working on it, praying about what to say, and getting advice from his friends. It turned out so well and I'm so proud of him. He left Jannette's family and friends with many wonderful memories that both honored Jannette and reminded everyone of what a wonderful person she was. During the week after her death, Trevor and his family spent many hours telling stories about Jannette and laughing over childhood memories. One thing that stood out the most about Jannette was her smile and ability to reach out to others and help, even when she was going through her own tough situations. Jannette was a unique person blessed with the gift of happiness and joy. She loved sharing that joy with everyone whose life she touched.

We'll miss you Jannette...

A special thanks to all of you who reached out to us during the past two weeks. It has been a difficult time, and we appreciate the love, prayers, and cards you've sent our way. Thank you for the phone calls and for just being there to help. We love you!

Love,
Trevor, Heather and Tristen

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just got back from Guatemala, so just finding out now. Hugs.