I know it's a little late, but here's the latest and greatest on the Beyer family.
Tristen is definitely into his TWO'S!! He has such a mind of his own, and is insistent on doing things by himself. It's amazing how much he can figure out on his own, and also frustrating when it ends up being a huge mess! ;) But, we enjoy this learning process and are so blessed to be his parents.
So what is Tristen up to you ask? Well ...
He knows how to count to 10, loves to read and go to the library and is now choosing which movies he wants or doesn't want to watch (always the same ones he's seen before). His favorites these days are Land Before Time, Shrek (I think he likes the second one the best), and Tiger. We went through a phase where all he wanted to watch was Monsters, Inc., Tarzan and Jungle Book * He has sworn off eating with utensils (just as he got the hang of using them)*loves sweet tea, especially if it is in daddy's cup * eats mac & cheese like its going out of style*still loves veggies and his new favorite is the black olive. He ate an entire [small] tin of them last week * He is a cereal kind of guy, especially if it is in someone else's bowl *He knows how to make coffee for me (I have a Keurig coffee maker if that helps you understand)*He is growing tall and is still on the thin side*he gives Scout bones before bedtime*loves to watch daddy feed the frogs*plays well on his own with his blocks and cars*is in love with his daycare teacher Ms. Melanie (she is very sweet and loves on all the kids)*reminds me to brush his teeth*is learning how to express his anger by swatting at me (NOT good!)*is going through a daddy phase and absolutely can't wait until we get home after work so he can see Trev*enjoys spending time with GiGi and Poppi*has figured out how to extend his bedtime by saying "want to eat, want a drink, want cheese, want to read..." He knows I'm not going to let him go to bed hungry, so who's the sucker here?!
On the family front, Trevor has been on railroad unemployment since just after Christmas. He's had the opportunity to work on some road trains, but each time he gets comfortable and starts to settle into a routine, he is pulled off the call list. Being a railroad employee is a strange thing - either it's constant work with no downtime, or all downtime and no work in sight. Obviously things have slowed down quite a bit due to the economy, so we're just praying that in the spring work will pick back up and he'll be able to get back on the call schedule. Until then, we have loved having him home with us. We have been able to go to church together, eat dinner together, play together, read together, and just have some family time in general. He's also had a few projects he's been working on around the house and he's enjoyed being able to actually concentrate on getting some things done.
I have been doing the same old thing I've been doing. Work, home, clean, work, home clean ... with some nice weekends thrown inbetween. Work is going well and I am happy with my attorneys. They are both wonderful and very easy to work with. The firm is a great place to work with many wonderful people, so I feel very blessed to be there. I've found someone who is also a scrapbooking fan, so she and I are planning on trying to do a scrapbooking day about once a month. I'm still doing my Bible Study and it has been wonderful. On the evenings Trevor has worked, there is a lady at work who is willing to watch Tristen. She works in the nursery most Sundays, so he's familiar and comfortable with her. She is a Godsend to me!! My mom and I have had an opportunity to jump back into Bible Study together, and that is special to me. I don't get to spend enough time with her! Usually, on the way home after Bible Study, I'll call her on her cell and we'll talk until either I get home or she hits the place where her coverage ends. I love it!
We're all getting a bit of cabin fever - we each like the outdoors in our own way and being cooped up most of the winter is taking its toll. Tristen loves being outside playing and Trevor loves tinkering in the yard and with his tools. I enjoy the plants, but we don't have many at this house. So, I'm busy trying to figure out what we can plant in containers and when we can begin the process of tilling, planting and just digging our hands into the soil. Scout, the stupid dog, just wants to be outside while we're all out there. I'm sure he'll make our outdoor work interesting this summer! He's wide open when we're out there with him. He actually runs laps around the house ... lots of laps!! He is a strange dog, for sure! Just when we think we actually enjoy him and can stand him for longer than a day, he goes and does something obnoxious. Like chewing my maple tree down to a nub or ripping the skirt off of my favorite chair. We love him, but he is also a pain in the butt!
We've done lots of reading, including enrolling Tristen into the winter reading program at the library. I've reread a series of books that I read years ago, and I love them all over again. Maybe you've read the Mitford series by Jan Karon? I love Father Tim and that tiny little NC town. Wish I could live there myself!
Well, as usual I have a few pictures to share. Tristen rarely holds still long enough to get good ones, so here's what I have from January and the beginning of this month. Enjoy!
1 comment:
Late in checking in but sounds like Tristen is growing like a weed! Ive got to get you to show me how you upload your pics so well. Glad things are good.
ps. holly and missy had a sleep over at my apartment the other weekend and it made me think of my sleepovers with you. Love you and miss you. sammy
Post a Comment